German physicist Max Planck publishes his groundbreaking study of the effect of radiation on a “blackbody” substance, and the quantum theory of modern physics is born. Through physical experiments, Planck demonstrated that energy, in certain situations, can exhibit characteristics of physical matter. According to theories of classical physics, energy is solely a continuous wave-like phenomenon, … [Read the full story]
- The wonderful world of sex
- Women in their forties are getting more sexually adventurous
- Is anybody there?
- Democracy – is it a gift or burden?
- Judges should be made culpable!
- Oscars…the end?
- In my house, should I let my daughter have sex with her boyfriend?
- On this day…in 1964
- It’s healthy not to argue
- Anecdotal thoughts of Jim Aborwhear
- Should we be eating nuclear Japanese fish?
- On this day…in 278